Sunday, July 6, 2014
We're linking up this week for Sunday Confessions on More Than Cheese and Beer!



Hocus Pocus, starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as a family of witches known as the Sanderson Sisters, came out when I was 7.  This, of course, was a pretty big deal in our neighborhood as I was kind of a redhead, my sister was a brunette, and our best friend who lived two houses down the block was a blond.  We spent a lot of time pretending we were the three witches "hunting children"; Which, in reality, was the three of us arm in arm going up and down the sidewalk and grunting.  I can only imagine what the neighbors who didn't know us must have thought. 


Bette Midler was INCREDIBLE and I fell in love with her in this film from her crazy red hair to her exaggerated buck teeth.  But... and it's a big BUT, that doesn't mean I want to be told I look like her in this example.  I mean, she had some pretty amazing moments but I'm just not feeling it.  Which brings me to this guy...



Poor "Bored".  If he only knew.  The truth is that sometimes I DO look like Bette Midler from Hocus Pocus, like early in the morning....




But goddamn, if anyone were to actually come to me and tell me that I look exactly like Winifred Sanderson in the morning, I'd probably place them in captivity until I sucked the youth out of enough children to make me young and beautiful again and then make them my slaves forever.  


What "Captivity" looks like when you're Winifred Sanderson


"Bored" did have a redeeming quality, I guess.  When I told him it was me and I wasn't sure whether that was an insult or a compliment, he told me he thought it was sexy.  And I'm still not sure how to feel about it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment