Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I have so many problems with this.

I'm tired of "text speak", for starters.  But, ok, that's fine... I'll give him a chance.  But then... this.  Now listen... it's a tough market out there and I can understand that.  I'm not going to say that not having a job makes someone undateable, but I definitely don't think that being like "Hey, I'm unemployed" on your second message is necessarily the way to go.  I guess I don't consider myself to be defined by my job (because I have a job and not a career) but that being said, I don't talk about it unless I'm asked and I don't ask about it either.  Which leaves plenty of room to talk about other things like hobbies and interests, but instead this guy goes straight for the unemployment.

But let's step around the unemployed fact and just look at the situation... what the fuck am I supposed to say to that?  I'm being left with no way and no content to respond to.  I mean, "Gee...that sucks" feels inadequate but at the same time I don't feel like I'm supposed to be the person to step up and say more like "I'm sorry to hear that" because the truth is... I'M NOT SORRY TO HEAR THAT.  It sucks when ANYONE loses their job, but what am I supposed to do...commiserate with the guy when for all I know he got fired for a damn good reason?

Maybe it was for his conversational skills because even if I wanted to reply to him... he left me with no way to.  What am I going to do... ignore your statement?  Just bypass it and be like "So... what do you like to do for fun?"

Let that be a lesson to you out there, gentlemen.  It might not be WHAT you're saying versus how you're saying it that is preventing you from getting a response.

0 comments:

Post a Comment