Thursday, August 7, 2014


Troy sent me a message at approximately 10:30 last night. He let me know that he thinks I am sexy and would like to get to know me. An hour or so later, without me having checked or read the message, he messaged me again with "guess ur abot dat cashflow."

Well excuse the fuck out of me for having a life outside checking Plenty of Fish, Troy. Excuse me for being in the last two weeks of class and having 2 essays and a 10 page paper to write. Excuse me for having letters to write, blogs to post, a child to care for, animals to care for including an injured one, a house to clean, and chores that need to be done. Excuse me for not giving a shit that some methhead in the middle of bumfuck nowhere messaged me while I was in the midst of a state of mental stress after having seen my rapist ON FACEBOOK.

I know you may be thinking that there's no way that good ol' Troy could possibly have known those personal details about me. I concede he couldn't have possibly known the latter. But, my profile does detail the fact that I am extremely busy. I list that I have classes, a kid, animals, 2 acres of land, letters, blogs, and am working on my novel. I make it clear that I stay incredibly busy. But, Troy likely didn't read that.

Or maybe he did.

Either way, Troy expected me to drop everything in my life to return his message because I should have, I suppose, been grateful that he bothered to send me one. And that, unfortunately, is a common theme on these sites. It may not be the overtly sexual messages that we typically post, but it certainly qualifies Troy as a douche especially since he didn't bother asking if I was too busy at the moment to talk, he made an assumption that characterized me as something that places the blame on me and makes me some sort of superficial asshat.

If you don't owe me respect, I do not, in any way, owe you a fucking response. In fact, I don't owe anyone besides my self and my child anything at all. --j

0 comments:

Post a Comment