Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I didn't even answer the first by the time the second message came.

"Dam girl what's up with you"

I don't even know how to translate that.  Is he literally asking me what's up?  Is he trying to ask me why I didn't respond to his first message?  I'm confused either way.

But this is the kind of message you get when you take down your profile picture.  You know... no one called me "girl" when I was one, except the little Chinese lady who owned the restaurant we used to go to as a family when I was a kid.  But she called all of us "girl" or "boy" respectively, and while I haven't seen her in years I'm relatively certain she would STILL call me that today in spite of the fact that I'm 28 years old.   She still calls my brother "boy" and he's like 6'2 and she only comes up to the middle of his chest.
 
My point?  The only person who gets to call me "girl" is a Chinese woman in her 60's who used to send me home with styrofoam containers of Chinese food even though we showed up for the buffet.

And learn how to spell "Damn".  It's a fucking four letter word, dumb ass.  Ugh... nothing locks up my ability to communicate with someone who is an idiot AND can't spell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment